Barton House Convalescent Care Facility - Scottsdale, AZ
Project: Barton House Phase I & II
Owner: Kleege Enterprises
Contract Method: Fixed price w/ bonus schedule
Location: City of Scottsdale
Major Cross Streets: Shea & Scottsdale Rd. MAP
Project Type: Commercial Convalescent Care Facility Specializing in Alzheimer's
Web Site: thebartonhouse.com
This is full service congregate care facility. The building is approximately 9,800sf and has twenty living quarters. Other areas that the building features are a full service commercial grade kitchen, beauty care area, entertaining and recreation areas as well as a dining area. The facility has a lovely outdoor grounds that the residents tend to enjoy.
Scope of Work Provided:
Pre-construction Services included working with city planners, engineers, development review board and building services. We completed a complete package to submit for the city DRB approval. This included filling out and putting together all of the documentation and building material samples for DRB approval. After DRB approval we arranged for building and engineering plan approvals so that construction can start. Windamere pulled all permits from offsite, encroachment, building and dust control.
Windamere also was able to take the plans and provide ‘value’ engineering to the project. By value engineering the project we were able to bring in lower construction costs, resulting in higher investment returns for owners. Once the project was value engineered, Windamere was able to put together a complete construction budget and schedule.
Construction Services included obtaining subcontractor bids, negotiating with subcontractors and putting subcontractors under contract. After their pertinent insurance requirements are fulfilled, subcontractors are built into the schedule and a work order or purchase order is issued. Windamere keeps in constant contact with all subcontractors throughout the entire process. Throughout the construction process we meet with city inspectors for all appropriate inspections, complete all special inspections required and work with the owners agents.
Post Construction Services include a walk through warranty and product guide and completing any work that is required for punch/warranty items.
Construction & Development Pictures:
- Barton House (2-4-09 exterior photos)
- Barton House (2-4-09 interior photos #1-20)
- Barton House (2-4-09 interior photos #21-40)
- Barton House Site Preparation (to 4-10-08) (15 photos)
- Barton House (Ground Breaking 4-10-08 & Foundation, 22 photos)
- Barton House Concrete (4-23-08) (25 photos)
- Barton House Framing (18 photos)
- Barton House Framing 5-2 to 5-16 (29 photos)
- Framing and Plumbing 5-29-08 (27 photos)
- Framing - Plumbing - Duct Pictures 6-12-08 (19 photos)
- Wood working & tile Pictures 9-23-08 (15 photos)
- Wood working, Paint, Bathroom Pictures 9-30-08 (13 photos)